Date(s) - 07/12/2020
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Loveland Moose Lodge
$50 Colorado CHP Concealed Handgun Permit Course in Loveland, CO
Sunday July 12th 2020 from 9am-12:30pm
$50 The class is limited to 9 people
720-315-0897 Text is fastest
Like the Safe American Firearms Education, LLC Facebook page to keep up to date on classes we offer.
Thank you for your interest in our courses. More importantly, thank you for your desire to increase your knowledge and skill as a SAFE and responsible gun owner.
Colorado has reciprocity with 35 other states that will allow you to carry with your permit! See the reciprocity map to see which ones they are! Blue states accept the CO permit and red ones don’t. You can add Nevada by getting your AZ permit at the class as well.
While this is a non-shooting course, it does satisfy Colorado training requirements to obtain your permit.
The course will cover defensive pistol selection, ethics of use of force, basic firearms knowledge, what to do before, during, and after a defensive shooting incident, and legal information pertaining to use, carry, purchase, and ownership of a firearm.
The following are some benefits to having a CHP:
1) Reciprocity: several states recognize our CHP and will allow you to carry concealed in their states with our permit.
2) Under federal Law (USC 922(q)(2)(A)) It is illegal to transport your firearm within 1,000 feet of school grounds, unless you have a state issued firearms permit (Colorado CHP qualifies under this).
3) The more you have in your corner if you have to defend yourself in court, the better.
4) Serves as a way of informing a police officer you have a firearm without having to say the word “gun” when interacting with them.
As an added bonus, we will make the Arizona CCW permit available to you for $10, which adds Nevada onto your reciprocity, as well as provide you a way of keeping a carry permit if you happen to move away from Colorado. We will have someone on site to do fingerprints for the state of Arizona CCW for an additional $15.
WHO CAN TAKE IT?
Anyone with a desire to learn can attend this course. the information can apply to almost all ages.
What are the requirements to obtain a CHP?
- be a resident of Colorado
- Is twenty-one years of age or older
- not be under indictment for a felony offense;
- not be convicted of a felony offense, unless the conviction has been expunged, set aside, vacated or pardoned, or the individuals right to possess firearms has be restored AND the individual must not be a prohibited possessor under state or federal law.
- not suffer from mental illness and been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution;
- complete a handgun specific firearms safety training program within the previous 10 years. This course meets that requirement with or without the shooting portion.
CAN I SIGN MY FRIENDS/FAMILY UP?
Absolutely! On the form below, there is an option to purchase multiple reservations.
WHAT TO BRING:
All you need to bring with you for the CHP class is a photo ID and something to write with. Black ink is required for the Arizona application
ARE THERE ANY OTHER FEES ASSOCIATED WITH GETTING MY CHP?
You will need to take your training certificate from the class to your local (county of residence) Sheriff’s department where you will file the application and be fingerprinted. The Colorado CHP application costs between $52.50 and $152.50 depending on what county you are in.
(optional Arizona CCW)
If you choose to do the Arizona permit as well you will need to have your fingerprints done before submitting your packet to the state of Arizona. We do not require you to do them through us, but we will have someone offering fingerprinting services for $15 on site. It is important to know this is not included in the cost of the class.
As with all other Arizona CCW classes, you will need to submit a $60 money order or cashiers check to AZ DPS within 90 days of the class along with your packet.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
This is a non-shooting course, so no live ammunition or firearms should ever be brought into the facility.
If you need to cancel, you may do so by calling our office at 720-315-0897 up to 48 hours before the course so we can provide a seat to the next person. If done before the cutoff date, you can credit the paid funds toward another class.
All no call/no shows or cancellations within 48 hours of the class may result in all paid funds being forfeited.
No Refunds will be provided. You will have the option to apply the amount you paid towards another course in the form of a credit if your cancelation or reschedule is arranged before 48 hours of the class.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 720-315-0897
This event is fully booked.